Boilers and Lifts Insurance

going down

Are your Boilers and Lifts covered?

What has Engineering Insurance got to do with Churches or Charities?

If you are responsible for a lift or boiler at your premises, you have a legal duty to comply with the relevant legislation set under Health and Safety.

The main legislation relating to this equipment is the ‘Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations’ (LOLER) or the ‘Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations’ (PUWER).

As part of statutory regulation, anyone responsible for a lift or boiler is required to have a thorough examination carried out by a competent person to help minimise the risks to people’s health and safety.

You may think that your annual maintenance contract will be sufficient, but this might not be the case. Part of the legislation requires six monthly inspections and a report to be submitted to the employer to take appropriate action.

The inspections are usually carried out by insurance companies who have a team of suitably qualified, independent engineers and systems to assist you in complying with the legislation. It is also possible to purchase breakdown and explosion cover for the equipment itself.

Unfortunately, most standard Church or Charity Insurance policies do not include engineering insurance so a separate policy has to be purchased. At Access, we are able to source this cover for you at competitive rates to ensure that you are fully protected.

To arrange cover on your lift or boiler, please contact Chris Bryant on 020 8651 7420.

Link to LOLER
Link to PUWER

Please click here for more church insurance resources and to request a quote.

share Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInEmail this to someone


View more posts from this author